Preparing delicious bread is getting easier and more accessible, thanks to the new bread machines. Among the new functions, they incorporate the preparation of gluten-free bread, perfect for those who have problems with gluten. The device not only allows the preparation of bread but also makes pizza, cake, yogurt, pasta, jams, etc. with perfect texture and taste.
After a week of research on several bread machines in the market, we have rounded up the 5 best gluten free bread machines that will fulfill your needs. A special selection of these machines so you can further expand your bakery recipes and offer delicious bread for people with gluten sensitivity.
Do You Need A Gluten Free Setting On A Bread Machine?
Everyone should take gluten-free bread at breakfast and snacks. For that reason, you must have a gluten free bread machine that has so many advantages. It certainly qualifies it as one of the best investments you can make if you are a celiac person, even if there is someone with this problem. You can eat totally healthy food that will not harm you. You also save yourself the trouble of buying gluten-free bread that is not perfectly prepared.
Table of content:
Below is the table of content for your quick overview
- 5 Best Gluten Free Bread Machine Reviews 2021
- What To Consider Before Buying A Gluten Free Bread Machine?
- Final Thought
If you want to see our reviewed best gluten free bread maker at a glance, you can do it from the comparison chart below:
Cuisinart Bread Maker, Up To 2lb Loaf, New Compact Automatic
Oster Expressbake Bread Maker with Gluten-Free Setting, 2 Pound, White (CKSTBR9050-NP)
Aicok Stainless Steel Bread Machine, 2LB 19-in-1 Programmable XL Bread Maker
Hamilton Beach 29881 2-Pound Bread Maker
Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker
5 Best Gluten Free Bread Machine Reviews 2021
Finding a gluten-free bread machine is not an easy job because all bread machines cannot make gluten-free bread. Below, we have reviewed 5 best gluten-free bread machines that will help make fresh bread at home with ease.
1. Cuisinart Bread Maker
Cuisinart Bread Maker comes with 3 crust shades that bake up to 2 pounds of the loaf at the light, medium and dark modes. Its 12 programmed functions make its use automatic, and everyone can use it without experience. Its design is compact and versatile so that you can bake jams, sauces, and other gluten-free bakeries in it with keeping healthy nutrients.
It has an LCD monitor to operate the functions, see countdown time, current cycle, and a variety of options. You can adjust the setting for 1. 1.5 and 2 pounds sized loaf with plenty of functions. Its pan is non-stick so that you can clean it up easily, and the bread inside will never be roasted or grilled due to overheating. The pan can be adjusted vertically and horizontally with the baking cavity.
The 13 hours delay start time to provide fresh bread anytime. The bread pan and kneading paddle are removable so you can clean it after using it. The interior light allows you to check the bread baking condition. Also, the control panel allows the start/stop to adjust the size, colors, programs, and timer according to needs. The bake will be completed after 10 beeps with delicious gluten-free bread. After all, It can be considered as the best gluten free bread machine.
Cuisinart Bread Features:
- It comes with 3 crust shades that can bake 1, 1.5, and 2 pounds of bread, jams, sauces, etc.
- The control panel and monitor allow starting/stop, set programs, colors, and modes.
- Its 12 preprogrammed menu allows for baking bread automatically in different modes for a different taste.
- The kneading paddle and pan are removable and washable after use.
- The audible beep alert and 13 hours delay start to provide fresh and warm gluten-free bread.
2. Oster Expressbake Bread Maker with Gluten-Free Setting
Oster Expressbake Bread Maker can bake up to 2 pounds of bread that is enough for a medium family. It has 13 different settings that allow it to bake bread, jams, doughs, and gluten-free bread. Also, it has 3 color crust systems that work on light, medium and dark modes to provide perfect taste and color. Its express setting can bake bread within 60 minutes perfectly.
It comes with a cup and spoon to measure the mixture conveniently. It provides a signal when to add extra items in the dough so you can get a perfect texture and taste as professional bakeries. Also, it has an LCD monitor that shows Menu, timer, and other functions. The inside cooking chamber is made with non-stick aluminum, so the bread will never be burnt in high heat.
The machine can knead, bake, and raise bread mixtures automatically, and you can observe from the baking window. It has a control system that helps navigate settings, set modes, and functions according to needs. Once the machine is heated, you can prepare and bake bread for 13 hours with fresh and warm gluten-free bread. It weighs only 8 pounds, so you can carry it everywhere you want. For these amazing features, it can be considered as the best budget bread machine.
Oster Expressbake Features:
- It can bake 2 pounds of bread baking capacity with plenty and delicious taste.
- The 13 different settings ensure gluten-free bread baking performance and jams, sauce preparation.
- Its LCD monitor and window glass allows to control functions and see baking conditions.
- It has a non-stick interior that keeps bread color and tastes natural even at high heat.
- The lid and pan are removable so you can clean it after using it.
3. Aicok Stainless Steel Bread Machine
If you are looking for the best affordable bread machine, Aicok Stainless Steel Bread Machine is the best option for you. It has 2.2 pounds loaf baking capacity with 3 different sizes of the loaf. Also, it has 19 programs for baking different items like jams, nut cake, yogurt, etc. besides bread. Its 3 different crust colors provide a perfect baking experience with light, medium, and dark modes.
Its 140 RPM agitator ensures a faster baking cycle within 2 hours. The bucket and ceramic coating pan are removable and washable that ensure long-lasting performance. Its interior surface is made with a non-stick ceramic material to keep the bread from burnt and damaged. Also, its detachable nut dispenser wipes out the unnecessary ingredients automatically.
The machine has an LCD monitor that shows the menu, speed, and other functions. The buttons allow you to change the baking modes with fresh bread baking experience anytime. The 15 hrs. a timer setting allows baking bread and cake anytime with fresh and warm bread baking. With 15 minutes of memory mode, send alerts about baking conditions. Also, it has a stirring rod that can stir the dough of the bread mixture perfectly.
Aicok Stainless Features:
- It is equipped with 3 color crust that can bake up to 2.2 pounds of large capacity bread baking.
- The 140 RPM high speed provides quick bread preparing within 2 hours.
- Its fruit dispenser and intelligent pan ensure automatic functions of baking experience.
- The LCD monitor and viewing window allows observing interior cooking conditions.
- The stirring rod helps to stir bread dough to mix the ingredients a few seconds for having good taste.
4. Hamilton Beach 29881 2-Pound Bread Maker
Hamilton Beach 29881 has dark, medium, and crust settings that can bake 1.5 pounds and 2 pounds of bread baking. With 3 steps: add ingredients, select mode, and start baking, you can easily make homemade gluten-free bread. The viewing window allows us to observe the interior baking condition and the alert system ensures notification after completing baking bread. Also, it can bake jams, nut cakes, yogurt, etc.
The bread machine weighs only 12 pounds and compact design, making it the best small bread machine with greater performance. Its 12 program cycles allow you to made gluten-free and fluffy bread with different ingredients like nuts, fruit, butter, or milk. While baking bread on the kitchen or slippery surface, the non-slip feet provide confidence and prevent accidents.
With baking bread, it can be used for preparing rolls, pizza, yogurt, etc. with the perfect texture. The stainless steel pan and lid are removable so you can wash them after baking. The LCD shows the baking modes, timer, and other functions. The control buttons allow setting modes from 12 cycles to bake the cake, jams, bread, etc.
Hamilton Beach Features:
- With the 3 color crust system, the machine can bake 1.5 pounds and 2 pounds of bread.
- The 12 different program cycles allow dough, knead, bake bread, jams, yogurt, and cakes.
- The time delay mode allows us to bake bread with ingredients for a long time.
- The non-stick pan is removable so you can wash after using it in the dishwasher.
- The nonslip feet and cool-touch body provide extra confidence during baking.
5. Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker
Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker is designed with a rectangular interior cooking surface that can bake 2 pounds of bread using all ingredients. Its rapid performance ensures complete bread baking within 2 hrs and 30 minutes. The crust controllers allow you to make loaf according to your taste. The 13 hrs delay timer provides fresh bread making experience at any time.
It comes with a measuring cup and spoon to mix the ingredients perfectly. The handle and lid are washable, which helps to keep the machine clean after usage. Also, its weight is so compact that you can transport it anywhere. Its dual heater ensures baking and browning at a time in a place. Also, the kneading blades and non-stick plates keep the taste as natural by preventing burning bread.
With the LCD monitor, you can easily read and observe the timer, modes, setting, etc. The 3 programmable memory setting allows baking, kneading, and rising different dishes with baking bread. Its versatile performance provides gluten-free bread with ensuring flexibility.
Zojirushi Home Bakery Features:
- It is equipped with dual heaters that allow to bake and brown the bread at a time.
- The LCD allows us to see the baking conditions and control its operation.
- Its large viewing window allows us to observe kneading, rising, and baking from a distance.
- The non-stick removable pan and kneading blades provide perfect baking performance with washing facilities.
- Its rapid setting makes the loaf ready within 2 and half hours with flexibility.
What To Consider Before Buying A Gluten Free Bread Machine?
Before buying a gluten-free bread machine, we should consider some important factors. Let’s see what the most important elements to consider when choosing the best gluten-free bread machine are.
Among the most important aspects to consider, before buying a gluten-free bread maker, we check the power. This value is always expressed in watts and refers to the amount of energy. It should also be added that, if high power is present, the stirring blades will be able to count on a higher processing capacity compared to a less powerful machine.
It can be argued that the models with higher RPM speed are suitable for people who intend to use the machine permanently and continuously. The number of kneading blades also counts in this, and the advice is to choose a model with at least a single blade. This number determines the possibility of mixing the hardest and most complicated processes, as in the case of gluten-free flour.
Gluten-free bread machines can include several very advanced programs. Based on the number and type of programs present, this appliance can be more or less versatile and complete. The variation between the various programs is substantially only one, or the temperature produced by the bread machine, which directly affects the preparation times. In most cases, an appliance of this type is equipped with a series of traditional programs.
After analyzing two fundamental aspects, such as the power and the programs available, now is the time to move on to the functions that you may find in your bread machine.
Delayed start or timer. The presence of a delayed start timer can be a handy option, especially for those who want to postpone the product’s preparation. Usually, these timers allow the start of the machine to be postponed up to 13 hours, a time interval that allows it to cover every possible need effectively. However, consider that the delayed start can only be used with certain programs.
Level of browning of the bread. It’s not an ever-present feature, but it can prove interesting. It is an option that offers you the possibility to choose the level of browning of the loaf, therefore, the crunchiness of the bread. If there is this possibility, the user can generally modify the gilding choosing between two or three levels.
Keep warm. A machine with this function allows you to keep the bread warm once its preparation is finished. Try to use it wisely, because the functionality in question may also excessively dry out your bread shape.
A bakery machine may have a more or less high capacity if compared to the others. The value in question usually ranges from 500 grams up to 750 grams of dough, including the other ingredients. Other machines can even go up to a kilogram of total dough, but only if we talk about the high-end models. This does not mean that you can also find appliances that can mix smaller or larger quantities, in some cases, up to almost 2 kilograms.
As far as materials are concerned, it is better to prefer stainless steel machines, especially if you will make intensive use of them. On the contrary, even plastic ones may be fine, but this material tolerates mechanical stresses and temperature variations less. If instead, we talk about the brand, there is no doubt that it is always worth buying a famous brand, especially for the assistance service and for the availability of spare parts.
Why Should You Buy A Gluten-Free Bread Machine?
For several reasons and advantages, you should buy a gluten-free bread machine that will meet your demands. They are mentioned below:
- The gluten-free bread machine has a gluten-free mode that makes it easy to prepare gluten-free bread. It can knead, mix, and bake bread, jams, yogurt, etc.
- The machine has 1.5 to 3 pounds of bread baking capacity that is enough for a large family. Its internal cooking surface is non-stick, so the bread will not be burnt or damaged at high temperatures.
- They are designed compactly and weight is light, so it can be carried anywhere if needed. Its lid and pan are removable, so anyone can clean the machine after using it.
- Most of the Gluten-free bread machines are made with stainless steel or ceramic materials that can tolerate heat and ensure long-lasting performance.
- The machine comes with an LCD monitor to observe the overall baking condition. The buttons help to operate the functions, and the viewing window allows us to see the condition inside the gluten-free bread machine.
For these advantages, you should own a gluten-free bread machine. Now, you can choose the best bread machine for gluten free bread from the above-reviewed bread machines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, I have answered some frequently asked questions about the gluten-free bread machine.
Can you put yeast in gluten-free bread?
Is bread machine bread healthier than store-bought?
Can I cook gluten-free bread in a regular bread machine?
Can I create a gluten-free recipe for my bread making machine?
There is nothing better than homemade food for its taste, aromas, and the pleasure of consuming something much more natural than if we bought it made. But the routine that we carry daily does not always give us the possibility of cooking. Here, we have highlighted 5 best gluten-free bread machines, and I would like to recommend Cuisinart Bread Maker with 3 crust shades to bake up to 2 pounds of bread.
With its 12 auto functions, you can bake, knead, rise jams, yogurt, and other items. The interior cooking surface is made with non-stick metal that keeps food from burnt and damaged. Also, its 13 hours delay start timer allows for baking bread anytime. Its paddle and pan are removable and washable that ensure long-lasting and durable performance.